Employment Law for Employees and Workers
Pinney Talfourd LLP is recognised by the Legal 500 2013 as a leading firm for employment law.
Our team of experienced employment solicitors offer a comprehensive service to meet the needs of both employees and workers (an employee is a person employed under a contract of employment, a worker who is not an employee is said to be engaged under a contract of its own kind).
Taking a practical and authoritative approach we aim to help prevent problems before they arise and deal with existing issues promptly and pragmatically. We are happy to represent our clients and negotiate on their behalf, whether or not the issue has become contentious.
We are experienced in representing employees and workers with regard to compromise and settlement agreements up to and including senior executive level.
We provide a wide range of services from immediate telephone advice for urgent workplace problems, employment documentation reviews, negotiations with employers, to ultimate employee representation in the Employment Tribunal Courts if disputes cannot be resolved.
To meet your needs we offer early morning, late evening, and lunch time appointments at all of our offices in Brentwood, Hornchurch and Upminster. Our Upminster office is also open Saturday mornings for appointments.
The firm's policy is to provide an open and transparent pricing of our work. For both contentious and not contentious work, we offer an initial fixed fee appointment and will consider 'no win-no fee' arrangements in appropriate cases. Find out more about our fees here.
We also offer an online compromise agreement service which allows you to submit full details and upload documents to ensure a speedy and detailed response. Find out more here.
Below are just some of the workplace issues that we can help with:
Discrimination at Work
Click to find out more about discrimination including:
- Age discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Equal pay disputes
- Maternity & paternity discrimination
- Race discrimination
- Religious/non-religious belief discrimination
- Sex & sexual orientation discrimination
Dismissal, Disciplinary & Redundancy
- Bullying & harassment click for more details
- Compromise agreements click for more details
- Disciplinary procedures click for more details
- Grievance & disciplinary hearings click for more details
- Redundancy procedures click for more details
- TUPE - Transfer of Undertakings and Protection of Employment click for more details
- Unfair, constructive & wrongful dismissal click for more details
- Whistleblowing click for more details
- Contract review and negotiation click for more details
- Restrictive covenants & confidentiality issues click for more details
- Employee representation at employment tribunals click for more details
Workers/ Employees Rights
- Agency workers click here for more details
- Family friendly rights (maternity/ paternity leave) click for more details
- Flexible working click here for more details
- Part time workers click here for more details
- Sickness issues click for more details
For FAQs, Related Articles and useful website links relating to this area of law, please click on the boxes below.
Looking for Employment Law for Business? Click here
read more here
get in touch now