Clinical Negligence & Medical Negligence
The Clinical Negligence Team at Pinney Talfourd LLP Solicitors provides specialist advice on clinical and medical negligence claims.
All clients will be seen by an experienced solicitor who is also an accredited personal injury panel member of the Law Society.
People come to us because they want a personal, face-to-face service from a firm they can trust. They do not want to contact a call centre and conduct their claim on the telephone with someone they have never met or have their important claim handled by insufficiently trained or unskilled staff.
Our solicitors are able to make home or hospital visits where clients are unable to attend the office and clients can be seen at any one of our offices. We also offer early morning, late evening, and lunch time appointments at all our offices.
Our Upminster office is also open Saturday mornings for appointments.
Our Clinical Negligence expertise includes:
- Accident and emergency injuries
- Anaesthetics and intensive care injuries
- Bones and joints injuries
- Brain, spinal and nerve injuries
- Cancer claims
- Child health injuries
- Ear, nose and throat injuries
- Eye injuries
- General practice cases
- General surgery cases
- General medicine cases
- Infectious diseases
- Pregnancy and birth cases
- Radiology cases
If you believe you may have been the victim of a medical accident and would like to know if you have a case, we offer a FREE initial interview to discuss your case.
Being a patient under the care of a doctor is probably the only occasion where an individual unconditionally places their entire welfare in the hands or another. However sometimes mistakes are made. When those mistakes happen, whether they are due to negligent surgery, wrong prescription of drugs or a misdiagnosis, somebody can get hurt and in the worst cases, lives are lost.
Where a mistake is made, compensation can be awarded. If a life changing event has resulted from a medical mistake, compensation can be substantial. Recovering sums of money can never properly compensate clients for the serious harm they have suffered, but bringing these cases to light will heighten patient awareness and continues to ensure improvements in medical standards and treatment. During 2008/09 £769 million was paid in connection with clinical negligence claims in the NHS.
- Mrs B received £25,000 in compensation when a piece of medical equipment was dropped into the eye, causing damage, during a cataract operation.
- Mr C received £35,000 in compensation after his GP failed to diagnose bowel cancer therefore delaying treatment and possibly reducing his survival rate. The compensation greatly assisted him in being able to care for his family while he was unable to work during the treatment.
- Family X received compensation following the death of their child as a result of a feeding tube being placed into the lung instead of the stomach. Liability was denied. Pinney Talfourd's Stephen Eccles, represented the family at the inquest and was able to prove the negligence by cross examining the Doctor who administered the procedure. The Inquiry resulted in significant changes to hospital procedure with a view to preventing any such incident recurring.
For FAQs, Related Articles and useful website links relating to this area of law, please click on the boxes below.
read more here
get in touch now